Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Matt's talent
My husband is such a MacGyver! Tonight when I was in the kitchen, I heard a funny sizzling sound by the refrigerator. Then I smelled a funny electrical burning smell. Safia kept saying, "Mommy that smells bad." I called for Matt to come in and check it out. He pulled out the frig and took off the bottom part of the back of the frig and fished around in there. Apparently, the capacitor burned out which didn't allow the compressor motor to run which over heated the thermal protection repeatedly which eventually caused the adaptor plug to burn up. (Those were Matt's words). So, he went out to the garage and got an old ceiling fan, pulled out it's twin capacitors, and wired them up in parallel (so that they added up to a sufficient number of microfareds) to the compressor motor in the frig to replace the bad capacitor. He plugged the frig back in and it worked! This will do for now until we can order a new capacitor and adaptor plug. He is so smart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
it's nice to be married to a guy who knows how to treat for all kinds of bugs, but sometimes i wish he were handier around the house. go matt!
Post a Comment