Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kyla's b-day at Sheepbridge with the family


My kids and I spent the entire day cleaning our house and then unloaded our car from our weekend away. I had a few battles, but we got it done. Matt got home from work and helped with the finishing touches and made our zucchini/squash dish for the pot luck dinner. Then we went out to Sheepbridge and played in the river with all of Matt's family. Dan and Lise are still here from Michigan so they had their daughter Kyla's 5th birthday party there with us. We ended up playing in the water until about 8:30 and the park closes at 9pm so we loaded up and came back to our house for dinner and the party. We came back a few minutes before everyone else to make sure everything was in order. I had the girls make my bed and I cleaned my bathroom really quick. (I always seem to leave my room for last when I am cleaning.) We had a nice dinner or Little Caesar pizza, fried chicken from the grocery store, leftover cold twice baked potatoes, chips and salsa, watermelon, and we contributed grilled hot dogs, green salad and the squash dish. Quite the assortment, but we were all filled. Then they served the cake and Kyla opened her presents. After everyone left and we cleaned up, it was 11:30 before the kids got to bed, except for Beau. He fell asleep on the way home so it took until 12:20 before he finally fell asleep. Needless to say, we all slept in until after 9am this morning, except for Matt. he had to be to work at 7am.
The first picture is of the entrance into Zion canyon at sunset from sheepbridge park. You can see a little of the river in the bottom corner. The next is of me. BLAH. The bottom picture is of Kyla and the cake the Esther made for her. Esther is Matt's youngest sister.

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

Lookin' good girl!

hydeeann said...

hey hot stuff! hope i look that good when my baby is a year old. my upper arms have a long way to go to look like yours. i'm suddently having a flash back to the last time i saw you in a swimsuit - when we went tubing on the salt river. every time we drive by that restroom on the way to my s-i-l's cabin, i think of you screaming and coming storming around the side of the building very angry because some guy had walked in on you going to the bathroom with your suit down. hee, hee! always makes me laugh. I can even hear your exact scream to this day.