Saturday, August 30, 2008

Matt's birthday


Matt had is 37th birthday on Aug 19th. I secretly called the cafeteria manager where he works and let her know that it was his birthday. She enthusiastically said "Thank you for letting me know." Matt came home from work and told me that somehow the cafeteria ladies found out it was his birthday and they made a small cake for him. While he was eating his lunch all the maintenance engineer workers and cafeteria workers came in and very quietly sang, "Happy Birthday" to him.

After work, I sent him to JC Penney to their summer clearance sale with his birthday money to find a pair of shorts. He came home with 3 pairs and a shirt. He got some great deals. That is how I do my birthday shopping! That night we made chicken egg rolls and had the left over cake.
Matt is an incredible person, husband, father, brother, son, employee, friend, you name it! People ask me, "How do you do it?!" I tell I have a great husband who helps me. I could not survive without him.

1 comment:

hydeeann said...

as sage would say, "ha to yeeou!" to the big guy. hope he enjoyed his cake.

i applaud your style of shopping for him. if i buy for adam, we usually end up with stuff the doesn't fit and never gets returned because it took him too long to tell me that.