
We decided to go to the Ranch for the 24th of July weekend. We weren't sure if anyone else would be there and discovered that most of the Grygla family was there. I was grateful to have family to visit with and help with the baby. We got up there about 3:30 on Friday after noon. It was plenty of time for the kids to get in their swimsuits and play their hearts out in the pond and sand. Friday evening, the kids and men had fun with the fireworks. Matt came up with the idea to tape fireworks to his arrows and Talon's arrows, light them on fire and then shoot them up in the air to go off. Well, on one of them, Talon waited too long and as you can see, they went off in his face. He wasn't hurt at all, just startled. Jileigh just happened to capture the moment with my camera. The next picture Talon is holding a firework in his hand and pretending to be the Statue of Liberty.
Jileigh took this picture of Elody and I added just because it is cute. I love the baby "cactus" sleeping position.
On Saturday, Matt talked his cousin Stephanie into watching Elody for a while so we could go on a ride on the 4-wheeler. We went up a canyon. As we were going along, we went through a swarm of deer flies. I got about a dozen bites and Matt didn't get any. I guess I taste better than he does. We stopped where the trail 


ended and hiked up a ways. I got too tired and stopped
while Matt went up to the top. He took some great pictures up there. He hadn't been up that way before and was thrilled to see some really cool sites. When we got back, Erin, another cousin, came outside holding Elody to give back to us. They were happy to let us have some alone time.We left Saturday night and got home at 11 pm. We were exhausted, but Elody was wide awake. Toward midnight she would fall asleep, I would put her down, and then she would wake up again. Finally, I just brought her into bed with me and cuddled her. She stayed asleep this time. I so do not want her to get into a habit of sleeping with me, but I am afraid that it will be inevitable.

3 comments:
oh goodness - we just heard that you guys were driving up...that is why we were outside...
hope you guys were able to enjoy some time alone!
by the way when mom says "she" captured the moment of when the firewok exploded, It was acually me(jileigh)talking the picture not mom.(I just wanted to clear that up
that twistd tree matt took a pic of is very cool!
Post a Comment