Yesterday was Safia's birthday. Because I knew I would have Jileigh here to help me, I gave Safia a birthday party. She did a great job with playing games with the kids. First she had them play with shaving cream and make shapes in it. Then they played Musical chairs, and Red light green light. We had to stop playing games because some of the kids kept throwing fits if they didn't win. So Jileigh brought out the guinea pigs and they enjoyed petting them. Then we had custard filled crepes and Safia opened her presents. Then I sent them outside to play until their parents came to get them.
The day before yesterday, Matt's mom came to bring Safia her present. This is quite the interesting story. I had to take Jileigh to the orthodontist here in town at 3:45 and Elody fell asleep just before that and she REALLY needed a nap. So I left Talon home with her here, took Beau and Safia over to Candy's house and made arrangements for Jaren and Angelique to go to my neighbor's house since she has kids their age. So to her appointment we went. After we went she was done there, we went back to Candy's to get the kids, visited for a few minutes and went home. There we found Matt's mom holding Elody. I didn't know she was coming over to bring Safia's present to her, but I was certainly glad she did. She told me that when she drove up and got out of her car, she could hear Elody screaming. She came in, look around for somebody to be here and also followed the cry. I had nursed her to sleep on Beau's bed because it is closest to the ground and it is a queen size bed. Just as she walked in the bedroom, she saw Elody falling between Beau's bed and Talon's bed frame while screaming bloody murder. NOT A GOOD SITUATION. She quickly picked her up, calmed her down and put her back to sleep and again, searched for anybody in the house. She finally found Talon glued to the computer, playing a game, completely oblivious to Elody's screaming or that Grandma was even there. So she called Matt at work and told him the situation and he told her where I was and that I should be home soon. So she just sat and rocked Elody until I got home. I posted on Facebook, "God sent me an angel today." He was truly watching out for my baby that day. Talon is permanently grounded from playing computer games or even video games at other people's houses. We now know that we can't trust him to babysit, even for a few minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment