
This year for Thanksgiving we went to cabin with Matt's whole family clan. Actually, his uncle Ken's family wasn't there and a few of Matt's family, but the rest of us were! Someone counted 103 people. We took homemade stuffing, grain-free stuffing (for Matt's soon to be sister in law), two homemade pumpkin pies, and 3 dozen homemade wheat rolls. (I made 4 doz. but we ate some.) It was a fun day filled with eating a visiting. Unfortunately, it didn't go without incident. Talon got a goose egg on his forehead. A cousin threw an armful of leaves at him and there was a rock in the middle. Towards the end of the day, Uncle Glen was cleaning the turkey and I pleaded to keep the bones. There were two turkeys so they kept one set of bones and I got the other. The next night, I filled two 6-quart crock pots with bones and water and let them cook overnight. We had a fabulous pot of turkey noodle soup the following day. A few days later, after the wishbone had dried enough, Beau and Safia had their turn to pull apart the wishbone. Angelique made them SWEAR to not through a fit if they lost. Beau lost and he did throw a little sad fit. Safia won so I told her to go outside where she can be alone, make her wish and throw her wishbone half over her shoulder and she did!
But... let's not forget Black Friday! Walmart mixed thing up this year. They opened their Black Friday shopping Thursday night at 10pm. There were 1000s of people there. It was ridiculous. We couldn't even get to what we wanted to get more or less get what we wanted. There was only one thing there that we got and it really wasn't a big deal. Anyway, we have had to shop elsewhere. The next morning we got up at 4:15am and to the one store before 5am so we would get what we wanted. We had success there and a couple of other stores. We made it back home around 8:30 and went to sleep for the next 4 hours. I really don't like shopping.

No comments:
Post a Comment