
My darling little two year old is now going to bed and going to sleep in her own bed! Ever since Elody was born, she has fallen asleep in my room. She slept in her crib in my room until she was a year old, and since then, I have let her fall asleep in my bed and then we would transfer her into her bed. NO LONGER! For the past week and a half, I have been putting her in her bed, tucking her in, saying good night, and giving her a kiss. Then I go back into my room and lock the door. When she gives us grief, Matt goes out, not the Momma, and puts her back into her room. There was once, that Matt had already fallen asleep, so I was on my own. I was so frustrated with her screaming at my door, that I walked out there, took her by the hand to the back door, and sent her out! I told her she could sleep in her bed or sleep with the dog! She threw the BIGGEST screaming fit and then calmed down in less than 60 seconds. (There is a window on my back door so she could see me and I could see her.) Then I let her back in and walked her to her bed. She crawled in and went to sleep. I know, Cruel and Unusual Punishment, but it worked! Last night, even though she had a nap, she and Safia got into their bed at 8:45pm and I never heard another word from them. WOW!!! Now Talon on the other hand, sneaked the iPad into his bed and was watching "Peep" until I caught him at 10pm! The Big Stinker! He's grounded from the iPad for the rest of the week and he will be cleaning up after the dog everyday for the next week.
Ah, the bedtime whoas! I am trying really hard to be strict about my lights out at 9pm bedtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment