Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recipe for White Bean and Chicken Chili Soup


Today for picnic at the park I quickly made this soup. My friends wanted me to share the recipe, so here it is. I didn't actually saute onions and garlic this time because I was in a hurry. I just added some deydrated onions and garlic granules. I even used canned chicken this time.  :) It was fast and easy.

White Bean and Chicken Chili Soup

2 quarts drained small white beans (1 lb dried beans cooked)
2 C chicken, cooked and diced
1 quart chicken broth
1 large onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt (to taste)
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 cans green chilies

In a stock pot, sauté onions. Then add garlic and cumin.  Then add chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients.  Heat through.

Optional:  In each bowl, top with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and fresh chopped cilantro.  Serve with corn bread on the side.

1 comment:

hydeeann said...

love white bean chilis! yum.

like the photos on your sidebar. did you ever notice our first five kids match up really well in age and gender? except i remember you bringing talon to macey's babyshower, so how is he only 12 when she's 13 now? need an update?