Thursday, March 27, 2008

A day with a twist

This morning I went to the store to get the stuff to make a salad for my birthday luncheon at my friend Pam's house. I got everything all ready and went to a wonderful luncheon. All my friends in my ward were there. THEN Beachene pooped bloody mucus in his diaper and he was being extremely fussy and grumpy, so unlike my little Beau. So I changed his diaper and then he went some more, a lot more. I panicked. I called Cousin Dr. Dave and he told me to bring him in immediately. So I left my wonderful luncheon, Yes I did get to eat a plateful before I left, and took Beauchene to the doctor. He filled two more diapers before he actually saw the doctor. Then Beauchene was totally happy and had stopped pooping. Fortunately, I brought the diapers with me so he could believe me. Dave gave me a scenario of several possibilities, but he told me to take him in for some lab work. So we went to the hospital lab and they pricked his finger to get the blood and then gave me 4 bottles to collect stool samples. FUN EH?! I got home about the same time that Matt did and he had gone to the store to get stuff to make hamburgers. How thoughtful of him. (In picture: Shelly Beutler holding baby Corbin, Andrea LeBaron, Amanda Borden holding baby Sky, Amy Yardley, Terry Allen, Me holding Beauchene, Pam Hamm -our hostess, Shari Smith, Inger Gerkin, Leann LePour)

2 comments:

hydeeann said...

happy b-day, amy! i hope you get the present you probably want most - a healthy baby. how are you supposed to collect a sample from him? not like he can tell you he's going. good luck.

Amy Lee said...

Line the inside of the diaper with Suran Wrap and a keep close watch on him.