Saturday, March 15th. Today I wanted to finish cleaning my house. I got alllll the rooms swept up and was ready to mop. I asked Talon to use the shop vac to vacuum around the fire place. The area was quite covered in wood chips and ash. He got it all set up and turned it on. Unfortunately, the hose was connected to the blower side and blew all the junk all over the living room that I just cleaned up and swept. The only thing I could mentally handle was to just send him outside while I cleaned everything up and then I mopped.
Later, after all the floors were mopped, I started my bread. Every week I make 4 loaves of wheat bread. I also have several other grains that I grind together to make pancakes etc. Then I store the multi-grain flour in my freezer. While my bread was mixing, I combined all the grains together and was scooping them in my little grain mill attachment to my Kitchen aid mixer. Well, as it was grinding, I guess I didn't attach it tight enough because it came loose and fell off spilling grains everywhere. I yelled for Matt and told him my sob story and asked him to rescue me from my mess. Since my counter and floor were just cleaned, we just scooped all the grains back into the bowl and back into the mill. This may sound gross, but it really wasn't. I think the lesson learned here is to not to try to do too many things at once!
I managed to get everything done that I wanted to do to get completely caught up and even went grocery shopping at 10pm and in bed by 11:30pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what a day! fun stories, but not so fun to live through. you handled them well. just little tests, to see how well we are doing, i think! you pass. =)
especially love the blower part.
ps - i do the same with spilled stuff right after i have cleaned, too. it's not gross to me.
Post a Comment