Sunday, June 15, 2008

Jileigh's new room

Jileigh has been really frustrated this week with her sisters always making a mess of their room. Saturday after we cleaned up Safia and Angelique's messes, Jileigh threw a big fit about wanting her own room and decided to make the toy closet her room. She and Talon brought in her twin mattress and fit it in there. She brought in about a weeks worth of clothes and put them on one of the shelves that she cleared off. Funny thing was that she didn't want to sleep in there alone. The first night, Safia slept in there with her. Tonight, Angelique is in there with her. Matt originally told her No, but I intervened and told him that we need to let her go through her stages of being a pre-teen. Basically, we have to pick our battles and this one was not worth fighting.

3 comments:

Grandma Cynthia said...

Amanda and I were talking Saturday about how the boys used to section off rooms for themselves in the basement. They were thrilled with their rooms - even though they weren't much - because they were their's! I'm glad you let Jileigh do that. Picking the right battles is so important. I am so in agreement with that one!

hydeeann said...

definitely not a battle worth fighting! she'll probably outgrow this stage soon.

Jen Hakes said...

Jileigh was being resoucesful and using problem solving skills. That's great! (easy for me to say)