Sunday, June 29, 2008
Sacrament meeting fiasco
This morning I got up early and made whole grain zucchini muffins for breakfast. We got ready and actually made it in time for choir practice. Then sacrament meeting started. Safia slipped away from Matt and the kids to come sit by me up in the stand since I lead the music. The kids were able to bribe her to come back down, but during the prayer, she slipped away again. So I just let her sit by me. Then when I got up to lead the music for the sacrament hymn, she came to stand by me. Then she got in front of the music stand and started leaning over the rail. Matt was dealing with Beauchene's crying since he hurt himself. So finally the bishop got up during the song and came over to get Safia to come to him. She huddled down by my feet just out of his reach as he was sitting down behind me. Then she slipped in front of me again and was leaning over the railing again. This time I just stopped leading the music and pulled her down and pulled her body around to the stairs. Our primary president, Connie, got up and came to get her and took her out. I finished leading the song and sat down by my family instead of staying on the stand for the sacrament. As I quickly sat down, I heard a rip. I had ripped open the back seam of my skirt where my bum is. Ugh!!! So after the sacrament portion was over, I picked up Beauchene and had Jileigh follow right behind me and we went home. We only live a mile away. I left Jileigh and Beauchene in the car while I changed into a dress and we headed back to church. I had Jileigh stay in the foyer with Beauchene because he was still being fussy. We just got back in time for me to lead the rest hymn. Then I went back to Beauchene and took him in the mother's room and nursed him. Then we went back in the chapel just in time for me to lead the closing song. I so hope they don't decide to release me because of that crazy hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow Amy, that's exhausting. Hope you got your Sunday nap.
oh amy, that is hilarious! i bet you were hating it at the time, but isn't it funny now? that child!
Post a Comment