Sunday, September 14, 2008

Going to the stake conference evening adult session had consequences


Last night we left the kids home alone, being that I now have 2 legal babysitters, and went to the adult session of our stake conference. It was a nice meeting. Then we went back home. We soon discovered that Jaren and Safia were playing with matches in Jaren's room on his mattress. He was lighting matches when one got too hot and dropped it on his mattress. It burned through his sheet and was burning a hole in his mattress when Talon and Jileigh came in a put it out. As a mother my mind went crazy with "what if"s. We were lucky, or I should say blessed, that it wasn't worse.
Actually, Friday night and Saturday I was sick with the stomach flu. I didn't ever throw up, but I was in serious abdominal pain. I didn't eat anything all day but a vitamin/protein shake. I just hope my kids don't get this sickness.

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

That is so scary. Good thing the older ones knew how to put it out. Hope you're feeling better.

hydeeann said...

i look forward to the legal babysitting phases because i pay a fortune right now, but things like this scare me, too. we've already had incidents with our babysitter so i can not imagine leaving all 6 kids home with macey just yet. glad you were blessed.