One day Matt put together this breakfast for him. We have all decided that it is now our new favorite way to eat eggs. Angelique named it Cowboy Cheese on toast and I shortened it to Cowboy toast.
1. Melt a little butter in a small cast iron skillet with a little squirt of olive oil. (Olive oil helps keep the eggs from sticking and keeps the butter from burning.)
2. Scramble 1 egg in a small mixing bowl and add a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Butter a slice of homemade wheat bread.
4. With the fire on medium low pour the eggs in the skillet and put the bread on top butter side up. cover with a lid. Let it cook for about a minute.
5. With a spatula, flip the whole thing over. Cover the eggs with shredded colby/jack cheese. Turn the heat up to medium and cover with a lid. Let it cook and toast the bread for about 2 minutes.
6 Slide it out onto a plate and slice it into 8 portions with a pizza roller cutter. Voila!
☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○♀♂♪►♫♣‼↕◄♂▬!,7)3=§♥☺( Jileigh added the symbols for fun.)

3 comments:
Cool creation - it reminds me of something we made at girl's camp when I was a Beehive - I think it was called "Hobo" something . . . you butter both sides of a piece of bread and cut out a hole in the center of it (I use a very teeny tiny small cup from Tuperware to cut out a hole - you could use anything - like what you would cut biscuits out with - I like a smaller hole though). Then, place the bread on the skillet and crack an egg into the center, in the hole. After the bread starts toasting and the egg cooking, flip it to the other side. YUM! I think this was called Hobo Toast.
That does look good! Amy, what craziness has been happening in your life. I hope the kids are feeling better now. It's so hard to see you little ones in pain and unable to instantly help them. I hope you are able to get the rest you need. Take care of yourself!
That looks really good. Thanks for sharing. I'll see you in a week.
Post a Comment