Monday, February 8, 2010

Safia wants to learn to read


Safia decided that she wants to read. So I pulled out the Hooked on Phonics box 1 and ordered book 1 of the Explode the Code series. We covered the "at" words and the "an" word families so far. She is actually doing a very good job at it. Angelique pulled out a "Bob" book and helped her read it. She read it two more times to me. She is so excited about reading. This is one of the pleasures of being a mom: teaching my kids to read!

1 comment:

Jen Hakes said...

I used "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" and it was incredible! I wished I had had it for Savannah but Autumn and Cannon were both reading at 3 because of this amazing book. Have fun! If she's excited it will be a great experience for all!